CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Signing

Tawni finally has a front tooth coming in!
I have been concerned about her signing. I read about other kids with ds that are younger than her or the same age as her and they are already signing several words. I know I shouldn't compare.... but it concerns me, makes me think is she pretty mentally challenged? But she can do "patty-cake" and "peek-a-boo". And then this week, she is signing "eat", and "play", she can also do "all-done". The only thing is she does it when we say the word not really in a way of telling us what she wants, she usually just whines and I know what she wants. Except this morning after taking Tori to school when I was getting Tawni out of the car seat she was signing eat!!! Yeah! I was so excited, and then we all started clapping!
We started potty training Ty today, so we will see how that goes. Sometimes he's willing and then other times he says no way!

We had a good Memorial Day weekend! TJ and his girlfriend came over on monday and we all went to the lake for a couple of hours. Later they came over and we grilled. Ty and Tori played in the water and Tori learned a lesson, when asked if you want some sunscreen, say YES! Or end up like a lobster and in pain like she is now!

1 comments:

Linda said...

Which sister? Are you in Waco or Temple? Brenda goes to Bethel in Temple and Rhonda goes to Waco Assembly I think. It is a small world. How awesome! How did it come up in conversation?