CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

18 months and Summertime!

Hard to believe but Tawni is now 18 months old! School will be out in a few days and the summer begins! Last summer when Tawni was 6 months old, I was in a real dark place in life. Contributing factors, Tawni being the 8th child, learning about down syndrome, quitting my job that I loved, the financial strain of quitting my job, not to mention that at the beginning of summer, Ty burned his hand so bad that he wouldn't use it for 4 months even after it was healed, it took some therapy to get him to use it again. I used to think last year what this year would be like with Tawni being 18 months old and what all she would or would not be doing. I am in a better place now, thank you, Lord! Tawni will always be the 8th child and the icing on our cake. I am still learning about down syndrome but now know alot more and how to deal and how to help her. I still miss my job but love the one I'm at now being at home. The financial strain is still there but God has always helped us through and provided for our needs. And this year Ty knows to stay away from lights! Not sure what this summer has in store for us, I know TJ will be graduating just not sure what direction he will be going in, I am in heavy prayer mode about that one. Tori has some summer camps in her plans and I know she will be a big help for me! Tawni and I will be working on signing and getting her stronger on her legs, Ty and I will be working on potty training (Lord help me!) and working on his behavior and talking. There will be some court dates somewhere in the mix for Gerald has had to take his ex back to court to get summer visitation and possibly the kids living with us. So it should be an eventful summer! I just thank the Lord that I am not in that dark place anymore and I can face life head on!

2 comments:

rustinlane.blogspot.com said...

Keep your chin up!

Jeanette said...

You've come a long way, baby!!! The best part is that you are not alone my friend.