CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Updates

Well let's see it has been a few days....last thursday Tawni had her 1 year appt. and it went ok, well the outcome was ok, the appt was the pits. She got 3 shots and had to have blood drawn for her thyroid, so they pricked 2 fingers to get blood and pushed for 20 minutes to get blood out and she cried and cried and so did I. The test came out good though, her thyroid is fine. Then at midnight the striders started...so at 1:30 a.m. we were at the ER getting a breathing treatment and steroids. We were there til 4:00 am... so tired.. my husband did stay home that morning to help out and then to take her back to the dr for a check-up. The ER dr finally said after 6 or 7 times of having croup it is time to see an ENT so we have an appt on Christmas Eve..

Friday night, my husband watched both little ones (only the 2nd time in a year)and me and Tori met my mom in Salado and we strolled, shopped, and drank lattes. It was a blast!! I hope that I showed Gerald enough how much I appreciated him watching them.

Saturday night was another Christmas party, Gerald really didn't want to go but I talked him into it, so we went. And I kind of wished I didn't now. We took Tawni and got all kinds of stares, I left crying.. wasn't sure if people were staring because we brought the baby, or because she is downs. She was fussy anyways, I think she could feel how uncomfortable I was. So we ate, then left to get some good coffee and then to wal-mart for a little grocery shopping and then home to bed.

Sunday was the DSACT Christmas party, and we had a blast! Tori was an angel and danced with a boy and even tied his shoe for him, I was proud of her for just treating him normal. It was full of activity and beautiful views, and Ty had a good time and did good without a nap and then crashed later at bedtime and slept so good.

Monday the kid's worker came and were discussing Tawni's eyes, I really feel come December 17th, she will have glasses and that makes me a little sad, I was really hoping we could wait a little while longer. But with mom and dad, and several siblings having glasses it's most likely she will have them even if she didn't have DS.

Well about time for bed...

1 comments:

Jeanette said...

You are now bookmarked! I didn't know you had a blog. Thanks for the post and the email with the doctors. I read it on my phone and didn't reply. Everytime I started, someone was begging for Mommy's attention. =0) Thank you so much. I am going to set up appointments for Sydney.

We had a blast at Sunday's party too! It was so neat to see all of the kids and adults with DS. It was a wonderful day! I am going to put a post down about it tonight.