CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Am I doing Enough?

I know Tawni is doing good and doing things at her own pace, like this week she can put the balls in her ball toy the kind you put the balls in the top and then push the lever and they come down. We are so proud of her and just love it when she does something new! So today we had our DS playgroup and we had such a good time, I loved talking to parents I haven't met and then ones I have seen and finally had some time to talk more to them. Ty and Tori had a blast! Tawni just kind of hung out mostly in daddy's and mommy's arms and some time playing on the floor with the balls. But then I find myself comparing my baby to other babies and I get so mad at myself for doing that and then I find me questioning myself, "am I doing enough with her?", "should I be getting her MORE therapy?" I want nothing but the best for Tawni and want to do everything I can for her!

So on another note and yucky one at that.... poor Tawni has had the stinkiest gas!
And she hasn't ate anything different. And yesterday, well a little history first, Tawni has been on a laxative everyday until about a month ago and then she started going by herself without any help, but starting last week her poop has been so runny and so much that yesterday it ruined one of her outfits. Her appetite has even changed and the only thing I can figure is that she is teething. She has one tooth and the second one is on its way. Poor baby.

1 comments:

Jeanette said...

I can't tell you how many times I have done the same thing! I called up my friend Denise (who is now in Corpus) and asked her about what therapies she had her daughter in. It is hard not to compare our kids. It is human nature, unfortunately. Don't beat yourself up. Keep a journal of Tawni's celebrations. It's amazing how quickly we forget the successes they have made. This weekend I was watching Wynter on one end of the scale walking around while Sydney was crawling... then I saw a Mary scooting around and remembered when we were desperately trying to get Sydney to crawl. She's come a long way, so has Tawni!